After a supremely long development cycle as far as MyBB plugins go, MyAlerts has finally been released into the wild. You can see the full details regarding the plugin either here at euantor.com or at MyBB.com.
Hopefully there should be no major bugs in the system but if you do stumble across any, I’d be thankful if you’d report them either at GitHub or in the comments section below this post.
During the course of developing this plugin there have been several large issues met, struggled against and finally overcame. I’ve learned a fairly large amount about the internals of how MyBB works and hopefully the quality of the plugin will reflect just how much effort has gone into it.
I also feel I must thank others without who’s help MyAlerts wouldn’t help. They know who they are and should give themselves a pat on the back. For those who aren’t sure, here’s a quick list. Please do forgive me if I miss you out:
- Tierney (aka Bit ‘n bang) - thanks for all the great feature ideas!
- Omar G - for the various small code fix recommendations
- Nathan Malcolm - for the great work in finding security issues as ever
- Charlie Hadden - for the few small code fixes and the Pull request
- Everybody who ever posted on my demo board – thanks guys, you really helped me out. Without your constant testing this plugin just wouldn’t exist.
- Everybody who hassled me to get it finished. I know, I took ages. Sorry!